Journey of Care
How might we provide the roadmap of rehabilitation for key stakeholders with effective engagement at each touch point?
The brief given by NHS Scotland seeks to bridge the gap between the expectations and experience of rehabilitation, set within the context of a Neurological Rehabilitation center. The patients with Neurological conditions due to brain or spinal cord injury are living at the center for supervised rehabilitation and care.
Our target stakeholders are the inpatients, carer or family, therapists, nurses or the rehabilitation center staff.
Journey of Care is a service design proposition which has evolved from communication and engagement values. This design intent transpired from the evidences arising from the ethnographic research involving
- critical evaluation of online resources & case studies, and
- interviewing different stakeholders within NHS and people with this medical condition & their family.
The proposal addresses the key unmet needs of our target stakeholders:
- lack of awareness and orientation in regards to neurological rehabilitation
- lack of engagement and unpreparedness at the patient’s end
- the problem faced by carers regarding accessibility and communication during the journey of rehabilitation.
Journey of care is a two part service proposal with a digital portal and a physical kit to cater to the varied abilities and needs of the patients.